Fight as they did in the Middle Ages! Chivalry 2 is developed by Torn Banner Studios, made available by Tripwire Presents, and supplied to customers by Deep Silver. Chivalry 2 is the second installment after the groundbreaking Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, considered the original first-person slasher. It took years to develop and test the game, and now it is out, with the versions for the different platforms available to customers. Recommended retail price for the Standard edition is 40 $, RRP for the Special Edition is 50 $. PEGI rating category is 18, while ESRB rated the entry M for Mature.
Chivalry 2 starting point is emulating big medieval battles, so it provides a customer with the first-person slasher experience. The player is to face quite a few familiar situations, including sword duels, intense archer fire, and large-scale events like the storm of a well-fortified castle. Be the master of warfare, take fortresses by storm, use the most advanced artillery pieces of the time, burn farmhouses, and massacre dirty peasants.
Chivalry 2 shows progress in every respect compared to the already groundbreaking Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Players can learn to handle the blade enjoying the opportunities provided by the updated combat system that features real-time blows and a creative combo system to accelerate the duels and enable players to crush their rivals with shattering blows. Players have to face several foes simultaneously. Chivalry 2 combat format includes better moments of the first-person slasher and the fighting game so that the customer can enjoy the unique melee experience.
Steve Piggot, CEO-cum-creative director of Tom Banner studio, reports that this game release is an opportunity to present to the audience the product that can provide them with some instances of real medieval warfare. He believes it to be an insane large-scale massacre for 64 users where all of them can experience what it would be to be present on the battlefield, the melee combat being as intense as on the movie screen. Chivalry 2 keeps players engaged, offering elaborate combat gameplay and inviting them to carry on large-scale sieges and charge their foes with the wave of armored knights. Comments are delivered in the voices reminding of the funnier Monty Python moments. Piggot believes that players will be more than glad to scare foes with their best battle cry.
John Gibson, CEO of Tripwire Interactive, points out that from day one he knew that Torn Banner Studio would make a real hit in the genre of first-person slasher set in the Middle Ages. However, he now confesses that the result goes well beyond his expectations. He is sure that Chivalry 2 will set the new standard for melee combat led by armored knights.
Players invited to join the Alpha and Beta tests can expect additional features and expanded maps which will be available in the official release version. Among them The Fighting Pit map from Team Deathmatch and Escape from Famine map from Team Objective.
Chivalry 2 will provide customers with a good number of highlights, to name a few:
- Escape from Famine: Agata is preparing an attack, aimed at Mason Prison. Her purpose is to release a hero of the war. Break through the city gates and set the prisoners free until the castle siege commences.
- The Fighting Pit: Novices from each faction are forced to fight to the death in the arena with traps galore so that a bunch of drunkards will enjoy the show.
- Real cinema-level experience: with numerous improvements regarding visual aspects, the scenes are reminiscent of large-budget action movies set in the Middle Ages. Delivered using Unreal Engine 4, the newest game engine.
- Playable on all the popular platforms: Cross-Play removes the barriers between consoles and PC, and players using both can join the same battle.
- Impressive Medieval settings: Players can joust at a huge tournament and siege a fortified castle.
- Great battle: 64 players can join the large-scale combat and fight as they did in The Battle of the Bastards, a memorable episode of Game of Thrones series.
- Select your fighting options: You have access to a more varied and sophisticated system of weapon categories. The whole system is divided into four principal classes within which various subclasses are distinguished. Players are offered original weapons, which are available in several graphic versions. Finally, newly-developed support items are present in the game.